Friday, September 30, 2011

Cuddle with Care

Evening all! Well, i was amazed, but last night was my first ever night with 2 children and no husband - a 2 year old and a 2 month old - and i actually got to scrapbook!!! By some shear miracle i had both children in bed asleep by 6:30!! I did this month's Scrap the Boys challenge, which was to use household/family ephemera. I chose a gorgeous clothing tag i got recently from Best & Less - it was actually something for Scarlet, but i decided it suited the layout perfectly.

Photobucket

I used PP from my mixed bag of October Afternoon (i LOVE that bag :D ), along with some Purple Pumpkin embellies, some buttons i got from a market a while back, Maya Road chipboard and a random selection from my ribbon box.

The page is about how my little boy was so very sick last week - he spend most of the week on his little couch - either asleep or watching something like "Cars". Poor little man - we couldn't get his temp down for about 4 days!!! So glad he's better now (though i'm not getting as much daytime scrapping done now LOL)

My second LO i did yesterday was for day 29 of the Scrapbooking From Scratch sketch-a-day challenge - based on a recent Becky Fleck sketch. It's a simple sketch and a simple LO, and i just LOVE the outcome. It's a bit of a stash stomper for my old Heidi Swapp stuff - PP and mirrors from her ranges. The bling is Prima - i've had this for ages, but just haven't had the right page to put it on!! THickers for the alphas of course!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, this weekend i'm going to be busy finishing the last sketch-a-day sketch and participating in the Wicked Princesses cybercrop - not to mention snagging some yummy new My Vintage Blossoms embellies at the sale tonight - 7:30 on the blog. I'm also hosting a Stampin' Up! workshop tomorrow arvo, so that will be a lot of fun!!

I'm also going to try to finish the little pair of socks i've been working on all month - they are just newborn socks, but they are plain white and just a boring cable pattern so it's been so boring to knit them!!! I plan to finish them off by the end of the weekend though, because i'm getting a package from The Knitters Studio early next week, containing some yarn for me to start on a pattern that i've been wanting to work on for some time now - 'Skew'. I think this yarn will look GORGEOUS with this pattern - can't wait to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog :D